About the Book:
Seven years ago, readers everywhere fell in love with Jim Glass, the precocious ten-year-old at the heart of Tony Earley‘s bestseller Jim the Boy. Now a teenager, Jim returns in another tender and wise story of young love on the eve of World War Two.
Jim Glass has fallen in love, as only a teenage boy can fall in love, with his classmate Chrissie Steppe. Unfortunately, Chrissie is Bucky Bucklaw’s girlfriend, and Bucky has joined the Navy on the eve of war. Jim vows to win Chrissie’s heart in his absence, but the war makes high school less than a safe haven, and gives a young man’s emotions a grown man’s gravity.
With the uncanny insight into the well-intentioned heart that made Jim the Boy a favorite novel for thousands of readers, Tony Earley has fashioned another nuanced and unforgettable portrait of America in another time–making it again even realer than our own day.
This is a timeless and moving story of discovery, loss and growing up, proving why Tony Earley’s writing “radiates with a largeness of heart” (Esquire).
I will be giving away 5 copies on August 22. Read the rules below:
• You must be 18 years or older
• US and Canada residents only
• Winners will NOT be notified by email. The winner will be posted here on July 29, 2009.
• Comment below and enter once
Multiple Entries for the Giveaway:
• Post about this giveaway on your blog and include the link with your comment and you’ll be entered again.
• Subscribed by email or with an RSS reader? Be sure to say so. That’s an additional entry. (You can subscribe easily by clicking on the big orange button on the top).
• Following me on Twitter? If you mention it, that’s another entry.
• If you post about this on Twitter, be sure to say so in the comment section. That’s another entry.
• Stumble this post enter again.
• Are you a member at Facebook? What about one of the Ning groups? Add me as a friend and that’s additional entries. Be sure to list which ones.